Know How Alkaline pH Foods Can Improve Your Health
Hi folks! Welcome back to our blog. In today’s brief article, we will discuss how your food habit can impact the pH balance of your body and how your health can improve simply by consuming more alkaline food.
In simple words, most of the foods we consume have either an alkalizing or acidifying impact on the body. Please note though this may change the pH of your saliva and urine, but not that of the blood. The normal pH level of the body falls in the neutral range of 7, and may increase or decrease based on the mineral content of the consumed food.
Why does the body pH matter?
Numerous clinical studies have established that an acidic pH (lower than 7) of the body is associated to a higher probability for health conditions like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. On the other hand, an alkaline pH of the body has been linked to reduced pain, better memory and cognitive level, and reduced risk of stroke and hypertension.
The pH level of the body may also have an impact on your bone health. According to advanced studies, consumption of diets with low acidity can result in improved bone density.
Tips to Eat Alkaline:
- Most of the vegetables and many fruits are alkaline in nature. Amongst all fruits, try to avoid raspberries, pineapples, and pomegranates.
- If possible, reduce your intake of sourdough, tortillas, whole grains, white bread, and brown rice.
- Avoid condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchups, peanut butter, and canned food.
- Try to consume more beans, soy, cumin, caraway, sesame and fennel seeds.
- Completely banish the sugar substitutes such as xylitol, honey, and beet sugar. Continue with stevia because it is alkaline.
How to Test your pH Levels?
Its suggested you test your second morning urine. When testing saliva wait 2 hours after eating. Click here to get some pH test strips with a discount and free shipping.
Hope all of you enjoyed reading this brief article. Please keep visiting for more tips, news, and updates related to health and wellness.