Your stomach is an organ where digestion of protein begins.
The stomach has three tasks.
- It stores swallowed food.
- It mixes the food with stomach acids.
- Then it sends the mixture on to the small intestine.
Every now and then we experience a tingling stomach pain and low bowel movement that may be caused by poor digestion.Resources:
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (https://www.niddk.nih.gov/-/media/Files/Digestive-Diseases/Digestive_System_508.pdf) [PDF]
- American College of Gastroenterology (https://gi.org)
- Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Stellenbosch and Tygerberg Hospital. February 2016
- Influence Of Diet On The Gut Microbiome And Implications For Human Health (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5385025/)
- Impact Of Diet In Shaping Gut Microbiota Revealed By A Comparative Study In Children From Europe And Rural Africa (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2930426/)