Magnesium is very essential to human health. It takes part in improve brain functions. A diet high in magnesium includes healthy whole foods such as whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes. Though it’s possible to get the daily recommended amount of the mineral 400–420 mg for men and 320–360 mg for women through diet alone, many modern diets are low in magnesium-rich foods.If you can’t get enough magnesium through your diet and if it’s safe for you to do so, you may want to take a supplement. Magnesium supplement comes in powder, tablet or capsule form.
Magnesium powder is a dietary supplement that contains high levels of magnesium. There are a number of possible health benefits to increasing the amount of magnesium in the diet. These include lowering the risk of diabetes, improving bone health, reducing the symptoms of depression, and reducing blood pressure.Let us go over each benefits:
Boost exercise performance
- Magnesium helps move blood sugar into your muscles and dispose of lactate, which can build up during exercise.
- Magnesium plays a critical role in brain function and mood, and low levels are linked to an increased risk of depression
Keeps a Healthy Sugar Level
- According to studies magnesium supplements help enhance insulin sensitivity, a key factor involved in blood sugar control
Promotes heart health
- Studies show that magnesium supplements can help lower high blood pressure levels, which may be a risk factor for heart disease
Boosts anti- inflammatory benefits
- Low magnesium intake is linked to increased levels of inflammation, which plays a key role in aging and chronic disease. Taking magnesium supplements can help with inflammation.
Prevents migraine attacks
- taking one gram of magnesium provided relief from acute migraine attacks more quickly and effectively than a common medication
Improves PMS Symptoms
- Magnesium flactuates during the entire menstrual cycle, supplements may help reduce the severity of symptoms, including menstrual migraine attacks
Promotes Bone Health
- Magnesium is crucial for maintaining bone health and protecting against bone loss. In fact, 50–60% of your body’s magnesium is found in your bones
Support Better Sleep
- Magnesium regulates several neurotransmitters involved in sleep, such as gamma aminobutyric acid
Reduces anxiety symptoms
- A small 6-week study found that taking 248 mg of magnesium per day significantly reduced symptoms of anxiety
Safe and widely available
- Magnesium is essential for many aspects of health. The recommended daily intake is 400–420 mg per day for men and 310–320 mg per day for women
Magnesium Rich Food
Aside from the supplements there are a lot of food rich in magnesium that you can incorporate with your daily diet. Here are top 10 magnesium rich foods that you can try:
- Whole Wheat
- Almonds, Cashews and Peanuts
- Dark Chocolate
- Black Beans
- Cultured Yoghurt
Magnesium can be taken into your body through supplements like magnesium powder or through magnesium rich foods. The need to use the magnesium powder or supplement is a must for those who have the deficiency. There are a wide range of health benefits from taking magnesium supplements or magnesium powder. Some of the benefits includes better sleep, prevents anxiety, promotes heart health and more.