It is a popular belief that to have healthy body we need to eat greens. Thus, chlorophyll supplement has become famous to health enthusiast, since it is used to make plants green. These can now be extracted from plants and can be processed as a capsule or naturally make it as a chlorophyll concentrate. Chlorophyll supplements are actually chlorophyllin, which contains copper instead of magnesium. When doses of chlorophyllin are taken, the copper can be detected in plasma, which implies absorption has occurred.
What are the benefits of Chlorophyll?
Here are some of the many benefits that you can get from taking chlorophyll supplement:
- Topical chlorophyll may work as an anti-aging remedy. A study
found that applying a gel containing chlorophyllin to the skin reduced signs of photoaging, which is aging that results from sun exposure.
- One study found that a gel containing chlorophyllin helped reduce facial acne and large, visible pores.
Blood building properties
- Chlorophyll is chemically similar to hemoglobin, a protein that is essential in red blood cells as it carries oxygen around a person's body. Researchers have suggested that wheatgrass juice, which is rich in chlorophyll, may be helpful in treating hemoglobin deficiency disorders, such as anemia and thalassemia.
Enhance overall well - being
- Chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, which are absorbed directly into blood via the lymphatic system. In other words, when the ―blood‖ of plants is absorbed in humans it is transformed into human blood, which transports nutrients to every cell of the body.
Oxygenates our body
- Chlorophyll strengthens the blood-producing organs, prevents anemia and gives the body an abundance of oxygen. Loaded with antioxidant power, chlorophyll exerts beneficial effects against cancer, insomnia, dental ailments, sinusitis, pancreatitis and kidney stones.
Helps boost energy levels
- Chlorophyll is the green molecule in plant cells that absorbs sunlight during photosynthesis. Interestingly, it not only provides plants with energy; chlorophyll benefits human energy production as well.
Super Potent Antioxidant & Nutrient Rich
- Chlorophyll's status as a superfood is due to its nutritional and potent antioxidant properties. It protects cells from oxidative damage by eliminating free radicals. One plant known for its high chlorophyll levels, Conyza triloba, showed very active superoxide scavenging behavior. An in vitro study found it capable of reducing free radicals while reducing cell damage.
Increases Cellular Energy Production
- In humans, the energy molecule ATP is manufactured by mitochondria, which are small organelles that exist in many different types of cells. Chlorophyll accumulates inside the mitochondria of mammals that eat a chlorophyll-rich diet. Once there, the chlorophyll can transfer electrons to coenzyme Q-10, an extremely important molecule that is discussed here. This greatly accelerates ATP production in the mitochondria, and more energy is available as a result.
Protects Your Liver Naturally & Improves Liver Detoxification
- Chlorophyll also has the ability to act as a liver protecting agent. Chlorophyll and its derivative chlorophyllin inhibit the metabolism of these procarcinogens which may impair the DNA and also lead to liver cancer and hepatitis. Studies have also shown that chlorophyll cal also acts as a phytochemical compound in the reduction of tumorigenesis.
Promotes Cleansing & Detox
- Chlorophyllins are derivatives of chlorophyll in which the central magnesium atom is replaced by other metals, such as cobalt, copper or iron. An attempt has been made in this article to review the relative efficacy of chlorophyll and chlorophyllin in modifying the genotoxic effects of various known toxicants.
Boosts Your Immune System
- A healthy immune system is the foundation to maintaining good health. It protects us from disease and keeps germs, bacteria, and viruses at bay.Chlorophyll can have a powerful effect in enhancing the immune system.
Anti-Inflammatory & Fights Oxidative Stress
- Consuming chlorophyll may help slow down aging and rejuvenate your cells, according to a study published in Peer-Reviewed & Open Access. Researchers found that feeding chlorophyll to nematodes from the Caenorhabditis elegans species helped increase their lifespan by increasing resistance to oxidative stress
Ward Off Chronic Diseases
- Increasing chlorophyll contents corresponded to increasing antimutagenic activities in all 3 groups. Sodium copper chlorophyllin demonstrated comparable inhibitory activity when compared at the same chlorophyll level.
- Chlorophyll exhibits strong antioxidant effects and may protect against free radical damage. A small number of studies suggest that it may also aid in weight loss by improving appetite control and reducing cravings.
Helps Fight Cancer
- Chlorophyll has shown potential as a cancer treatment. A 2015 review concluded that chlorophyllin might help prevent and slow cancer growth. A 2016 study found that chlorophyllin helped slow the progression of lung cancer.
Chlorophyll concentrate and supplements has become popular to enthusiasts who wanted to take advantage of its full benefits. There is no convincing needed as we all know how important to incorporate greens to our daily diet. Since chlorophyll is the green color that you see on plants, taking its extracts making it easier to take in the daily needs. Some of the proven benefits are cancer pevention, skin aging remedy, weight loss and more of the benefits needed by an individual especially when one ages.